Located in the heart of Fern Creek, on the southside of the Louisville Metro, we are striving to be the light that we’ve called to be. In our effort to constantly get better at this we’ve adopted the hashtag #ForFernCreek because that’s who we are called to be. The Bible paints a beautiful picture of our God laying out a path for his creation to be returned into relationship with Him through relationship with Jesus.
God is love. Because God is love he sent His son Jesus to bring us back into relationship with Him. If we are in relationship with Jesus then we are imitating what Jesus did…..so we love. Sometimes that comes in the form of building a porch for a handicapped individual, taking food to a shut-in, providing Christmas presents for families who cannot afford it, or by simply spending time reading at a local school that needs volunteers. We are a church that is striving to become more like Jesus. We won’t always hit the mark but that won’t be for a lack of trying.
How we’ve been #ForFernCreek…
- Blessing bags for local public schools
- Purchased beds/bedding for local family
- Pre-game meals for FCHS
- Serving on leadership councils at local schools
- Serving Hot-breakfast for teachers at schools
- Constant support for first-responders
- Chamber of Commerce Fall Festival
- Host for FCHS awards night…and pretty much however we can help.
- Broad Run Park Block Party (June 15th…your invited…more details here)
- Tons more to come….
If you are #ForFernCreek you….
spend a lot of time feeding tigers. The tigers I am referring to are the Fern Creek High School Football tigers. Every Friday night from August- early November our church hosts the FCHS football team, coaches, and managers for a pre-game meal each week. It’s a GREAT way to serve and hang out with some really cool guys.